This is the privacy notice of Glow Move Ltd. In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Glow Move Ltd.
Company no 11177196. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Our PO BOX address is Glow Move, Innovation Centre Medway, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent, United Kingdom, ME5 9FD.
We respect our users’ right to privacy and are fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. As part of this commitment we are a registered data controller with the ICO. Our registration number is A8382546.
We are extremely concerned about your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that the users of our website are concerned about their privacy and need assurance that their data will not be used for any purpose unknown to them, or accidentally or intentionally handed over to a third party.
Our policy is based on stringent parameters and refers to the procedures in specific as well as generalized aspects. It complies with the UK law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, feel free to let us know.
We regret if any point or feature of our policy does not deliver to your satisfaction. In such case, you may feel free to immediately leave our website.
Except for the cases as stated below, we do not share, sell, or disclose personally identifiable information collected at this site to a third party.
At Glow Move limited, we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About Glow Move Limited
Glow Move is a trading name of Glow Move Limited whose registered number is 11177196 and PO BOX address is Innovation Centre Medway, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent, United Kingdom, ME5 9FD
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example when you:
- Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
- Ask us to value your property
- Register for our email newsletters
- Participate in one of our surveys
- Interact with us on our social media sites
- We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
The GDPR requires controllers to state the period for which personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the period. This is often a difficult task, but we’ve added some wording below that could be used if your agency is able to provide more specific information.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to any of our services and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will retain personal information category or categories} for a minimum period of 6 years.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
- We may use your [name, address and contact details] for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and Glow Move, such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is [that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party;
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of Glow Move business in response to customer enquiries or requests;
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is [our legitimate interests, [namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services;
- Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your [name, email address, postal address or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely [evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships;
- Where you are a party to an existing contract with us [or regularly enter into contracts with us for our goods and services, we may use your [name, email address, postal address or phone number] to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is [our legitimate interests, namely [the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships;
- We may use your name, email address and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about properties for rent or for sale, the current property market, promotions or offers. Our legal basis for this use is consent;
- We may use your personal information to verify your identity where AML or any other checks required. Our legal basis for this use is compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject our legitimate interests, namely ensuring the security of our systems, network and information and those of third parties;
We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to:
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of our own advertising activity. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely improving the relevancy of our advertising;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of our marketing emails. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
We may analyse the personal information we collect directly from you and obtain using automated technical means to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you (if you have chosen to receive marketing communications from us). We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. These sources include our website and software.
We may also use any of your personal information that we collect from you directly and additional information about you from external sources where necessary to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk. These sources include Glow Move. Our legal basis for this use of your personal information is [our legitimate interests in preventing our business being subject to fraud or credit risk].
Who has access to information?
We will not sell or rent your information to any third parties.
We may pass your information to third party service providers, including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors working on our behalf for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you.
- Your personal data, including name, address, contact details and preferences may be shared within our website for means of contact by interested buyer/renter.
- Advertisers and advertising networks (including social media) in order to select and serve relevant adverts to you, these are Zoopla, Rightmove, Gumtree, prime location, Facebook and many more.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and otherwise use your information in accordance with applicable data protection law.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice and managing legal disputes.
In addition to the specific disclosures set out in this section, we may disclose your personal information where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
- To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
- To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
- In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To rectification of the information we hold about you.
- In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
- Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
To exercise any of these rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Glow Move, Innovation Centre Medway, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent, United Kingdom, ME5 9FD. In addition, you can exercise your right to object to direct marketing at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Security precautions in place to protect your information
We take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal information and prevent its loss, misuse or alteration. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security of data sent between us over the internet.
Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don’t have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages you have been or viewed during a session. This helps us deliver a better, more personalised service to you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations or the content of their websites. You should read the privacy policies of these organisations before providing them with any personal information.
Transferring your information outside of European Economic Area (“EEA”)
In this section we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal information might be transferred to countries outside the EEA.
Your personal data will only be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) only to legal authorities upon their request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or a court order.
If you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.uk.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, through our website or that which you have shared with us. We have also stated it below as to why is it essential to collect this information.
- Basic Identification and Contact Information
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services requested by you;
- to verify your identity for security purposes;
- to promote our services and products;
- Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or by trusted third parties, to provide classified information, related to demographics or the usage of a particular page or service.
- Market Place Information
When we obtain information from you, specifically to enable you to use or buy a service offered on our website by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us your consent to pass it on to the relevant person.
- Your Domain Name and Email Address
Your domain name and email address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you have visited are recorded.
We shall not under any circumstances divulge your email address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect us to,
- in a collective way, not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our website,
- to send you news about the services you have subscribed,
- to inform you about the other services offered by us, or the services of sister websites.
- Information Posted by You on Our Website
Information that you share with us by posting on a forum or blog is stored on our servers. We do not specifically make use of that information, except for allowing it to be read online. However, you will see it in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we prefer.
- Website Usage Information
- Financial Information Related only to your Credit Cards
This information is never recorded or stored by us either through our website or by any other means. At the checkpoint of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Stripe or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our ‘livery’, however, it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it in any case.
- Note on Padlock Symbols and Other Trust Marks
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove it to the site visitors that the website is safe to visit or share information. The certifications vary as per the level of safety. We do not handle or process any information related to your credit card, so we do not have the need to subscribe to any such service. However, we suggest that you assess this notice to acknowledge that your privacy is a matter of prime concern for us.
- Credit Reference
To assist in combatting and preventing fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, as far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having provided a prior notice to us, stating a reason and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
- Business and Personal Information
This includes all information shared with us in the course of your business with us. It includes information provided by you in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect it from you to reciprocate this policy.
We store the information that forms a part of our business record for a minimum of six years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. This is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
- Third Party Advertising
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies are used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, by providing information related to the visitor activity to the site owners or developers.
Complying to the standard practices of using cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you, and track your actions and the pages you visit while you browse our website.
The cookies we use are only stored and retrieved for a single visit to our site and are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. However, they may stay stored in your computer until you delete them personally or until a definite period of time has passed.
- To allow functional aspects of our web site to optimally operate for you.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any query or feedback. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance the security of our contact form and information. The cookie is customized for contact forms only. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how the visitors use our website. We use this information to improve your browsing experience and to increase our sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous format, including the number of visitors to the site, the geographic location of the visitors, and the pages they visited.
- To record if a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous format. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- To record your activity during a webcast. For instance, if you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box, the information is retained so that we can fetch the information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a specific period of time after which it will be automatically delete.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie lasts for a definite period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- To enable you to watch videos we have uploaded on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s in a privacy-enhanced mode.
- To improve the way our website utilizes the data collected using Google Analytics or any other source is all anonymous. When you visit Glow Move.co.uk, we set GoDaddy (our website hosting domain) and Google Analytics to measure the number of visits, the actual visitor count, the navigation patterns of the visitors and to check the resources they have accessed.
- Calling Our Office
When you call our office, we may collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our help line and customer service.
- Sending a Message to Our Support System
When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message. This is done so as to confirm that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information requested by you in your message. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business operations. We may keep personally-identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address or contact number.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have provided to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to share with the other person, some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Third Party Content
Our web site is a publishing medium on which anyone may register and then publish information about themselves or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted by the visitors on our website.
If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
- Job Application and Employment
If you send us information related to a job application, we may keep it stored for up to three years in case we decide to contact you later.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before discarding or deleting it permanently.
- Content You Provide to Us
If you share some information on our website that can be read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with your information. It is up to you to take care of the privacy of your information, particularly in the case when it can be viewed or accessed by other people. If it is available to the cyberworld, you have no control whatsoever as to how it is used or shared.
- Marketing Information
With your prior permission, we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products to us, for your benefit. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us through email.
- Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly consumed, inferred or deduced from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
- Affiliate Information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business purpose only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect our affiliates to agree to reciprocate this policy.
As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off the website. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate has been outstanding in some ways.
- Disclosure to Government and their Agencies
We are mandated by the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities upon their request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or a court order.
- Review or Update Personally Identifiable Information
At any time of the service, you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us at the address provided below. To safeguard your information in better ways, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
- Sale of Your Personal Information
Except for the cases as specified above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our domain of business.
- Data May be “Processed” outside the UK
Our website is hosted in the EU. Your personal information will not be “processed” outside the UK unless, instructed by the law.
- Compliance with the Law
- Removal of Your Information
If you want us to remove your personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us through Email email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.